Leather gloves or Kevlar gloves? Work gloves with fingers or work gloves without? Welding gloves, anti vibration gloves, or….Okay. I’ve had enough of this — what does any of this mean!?
If you’ve ever taken the time to shop for work gloves, you probably know just how frustrating it can sometimes be. Often it seems like there are more varieties of work gloves than there are uses for them! But thanks to the folks at ConstructionGear.com, who’ve put together this handy work gloves buyers guide, your next work gloves shopping experience should be quick, smooth, and dare I say– easy?
- Leather Work Gloves – Typically, these are the first things that come to mind when you think about work gloves. Typically made from breathable leather and cotton, these gloves offer basic abrasion protection for almost all typical job site needs
- Kevlar Work Gloves - For construction and manufacturing jobs, Kevlar work gloves give by far the best protection. They are resistant to cuts, slashes, and heat. Although the inside of the work glove is typically made of cotton, the outside of the glove is made from woven Kevlar and will not melt, ignite or conduct electricity.
- Mechanics Gloves – Whether you’re changing the oil in your pickup truck, or dissecting a Big Rig, Mechanics gloves are the #1 choice for automobile work. They were originally designed to be racing gloves for motocross sports, but now they are most commonly worn by mechanics. Mechanics gloves can be used to prevent cuts and abrasions and keep oil and other materials away from the hands.
- Welding Gloves – Welding gloves typically have the highest resistance to heat, splatter and sparks as compared to other types of work gloves. They are typically made with a layer of flame retardant cushioning or liner, strung together with Kevlar threads for the most extreme of working conditions.
- Anti Vibration Gloves – Anti vibration gloves are ideal for anyone working with impact and power tools for extended periods of time. They are most often recommended to be used for the prevention of Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome
There are hundreds of different varieties of gloves out there for whatever project you may be working on, but these are by far a few of the most popular. Take a second look next time you’re out shopping for work gloves, and open your eyes to the incredible world of work gloves!